Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Look. Yes That One

All you men know the look. The one your mother used to give you when you did something wrong. The problem is that it is not only your mom that can give you this look. All women are capable of 'The Look', especially girlfriends/wives. I bring this up because I got the look today from TDub.

She had been out doing errands and I was home with Liv. At one point I must have knocked over the International Delights creamer and a little bit spilled. TDub came back from the store and was loading her purchases into the fridge and noticed 'the spill'. She immediately said, "What happened here?". I'm standing there with Liv in my arms and I'm wondering how and when I knocked it over and how I didn't notice that I did it. Before I can even finish the thought I get the infamous 'look' and a, "Don't worry I'LL get it.". I stood there with what must have been a dumb founded look on my face for a few seconds wondering how i had got myself into trouble and then tried to explain to her that I had just found out about the spill myself. There was an exchange for a moment and then i said, "I'm sorry, next time I'll hurdle you to get to the spill first so that you don't have to clean up after me!" She laughed, I laughed and that was that.

The thing is this isn't an isolated incident and seems to be common in close relationships, at least from my experience and observations. Any of you men out there experience 'the look'? Better yet, any of you women willing to admit to giving the look and maybe shedding some light on the situation?

Hey, I got 3 daughters who I'm sure will all develop the 'look' gene as they grow into teens and beyond. I need all the intel I can get!

-C-

No comments: