Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Boot Thrown From Ontario That Hit Me Square In My Arse


So, there's this woman........ (goddammit another one).......and I've actually never met her. She lives in Ontario, I think. She's one of Lee-Anne's friends from school, I think. (I sure hope I'm getting this right, because if I'm not and Lee-Anne reads this I am in some hot water. I can hear it now, "YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!! WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER THE NAME OF MY 3RD GRADE FRIENDS DOG!!!!!!" A little exaggeration maybe, but you get the point.) So, this woman in Ontario read my first few posts and inspired me to post again. This lovely, (I hope.) intelligent, (I've seen her spell words and group them into sentence's and she knows how to "quote". So, intelligent is a good bet.) caring, (ok, this one is I'm REALLY hoping is true, because the other.... um uncaring kind are not so nice to be around.) woman, This lovely, intelligent, caring woman reached out and booted me square in the arse all the way from somewhere east of here with one click of her mouse! She did this by quoting selected excerpts from the end of my last. Something about writing again soon......... last March and posting it on my wall on Facebook!!! Thanks Liz.
:oP

So, the job last post, the supervisor position. I really liked it and learned a lot. Yes, past tense. I was told my services were no longer needed at the end of November right after I finished Christmas shopping. Yeah, pretty nice of them. I did like most aspects of the job though.
I liked the responsibility and the problem solving. I liked having a salary and benefits. What I enjoyed the most though, was being able to help those I was supervising improve and the challenge of figuring out what motivates them and makes them want to improve. The best part was always when someone had worked really hard to reach their goals and achieved them. Their a couple times when people would come up to me after the latest production numbers had come out and would have the biggest smiles on their faces. I would know why before they even got to me. They would beam and say they had exceeded their goal by 1,2,3,10,15% and it was much easier then they thought it would be. Sharing that moment with them was unreal. It gives me a great sense of pride to help people achieve their goals. That's probably why I enjoy being a dad so much. Then, I learned a few things too.

I learned that it's not worth it to try and please everybody because you are not going to succeed. I learned that there are some horribly selfish people out there. I learned, to my great dismay, that you can't trust anyone in the business world. They'll throw you under the bus just as soon as say hi to you. I learned that everyone can be motivated in a positive way and that everyone appreciates someone helping them out. I also learned that it is not advisable to tell your arrogant, micro-managing, bully manager to 'go pro-create solo' especially not when the HR manger is looking for an excuse to get rid of you.
Ah, life lessons, they're always so *#^%(@! annoying. Enough of this crap.

We had Grace and Isabel over three different times during the Holidays and got to have a few sleep-overs. It was so much fun. We did a lot of swimming and spent even more time plying on the Wii Fit and with the girls new Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 which Santa brought them. Needless to say daddy had a lot of fun over the Holidays with his girls. Great memories for sure.

So, the job hunt continues and more and more positions are opening up. Wish me luck.

-C-

No comments: